Thursday, September 11, 2014

The stars, the sky and my mind.

  It is a clear night tonight after my fútbol practice. 

  Do you know when you look up at the stars in your neighborhoods and can only seem to see a limited amount of the sky? There is nothing I love more than watching the stars at night.
 
  Well in Spain, you can see so far that the sky looks like it's curving. And it seems to go on and on and on and never end. It's quite a thing to see. Everyone has entered their houses, and all that you can hear are birds and the occasional elderly women standing outside of their doors in their night gowns and slippers with their hair in a scarf chatting in fast, low spoken Spanish. It's one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen compared to my 10 x 10 square of partly cloudy skies and the rare star peaking out from behind it and the cars that I hear that never seem to stop running. 

When you look up at the sky and hear the faint language that you can not decipher, it really gives you peace. It helps you sort out your mind. People would think the opposite, but you have no idea what they are conversing about so you end up ignoring it when you want to, and that brings me peace and my mind stills.


Spain is like a dream that I never want to wake up from. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are adjusting well. I love the blog idea. We can live your days vicariously! Love, Aunt Jen (What's up with the pictures of your feet? I think it's a cool idea. Is it kinda like "This is (literally) where I am RIGHT NOW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace love your blog! Great idea. I think it will grow soon,your writing is interesting and makes one feel they are taking the journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace...love being able to follow your journey. Sounds like you're really enjoying your experience. Great pics too! Did you get a new camera? We look forward to reading your updates. When does school start? (I may have missed that if you mentioned it in one of your posts.) Love you! Aunt Bo and Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete