Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fútbol Fanatics!

Recap on last night/yesterday. 

Last night was The day of Extremadura, so there was a massive fair. Mariña and I decided to go and meet up with her friends at 9:15. We did what you usually do at fairs, ride rides, eat food, talk, scream ect. So, that is why I didn't post yesterday. I'm Fair hungover. No, I'm not drunk, trust me. I'm just mucho mucho dormir. 
(And now today) 

Tonight I had my first fútbol practice. 

At first, I thought that it was going to be horrific. That I wasn't going to know anyone and most of all, I wouldn't be able to understand anything that they were saying. My coach, nor my teammates. 

But, as it progressed, my teammates were very nice and encouraging. All the girls were my age and were SO LOUD. I know Spainish people are very loud anyway, but they were crazy. Not crazy in a bad way, but crazy in a funny girl way. They reminded me of my teammates back home in PA. Because my friends and I act so outrageous at soccer practice, so I felt at home almost. 

I knew that they were good at soccer from the moment they touched the ball, but they made me feel comfortable and told me not to worry if I made a mistake. I'm not used to hearing that, so it made me so glad! If I would do something right, they would greet me with a pat on the back, a high-five, or a yell of joy shouting "Muy bien, Grace." or "Mucho muy bien!" and even "Muy bueno. Es guapa!" It was by far one of the most memerable experiences that I have had, ever. 

It was amazing to just be able to play what I love with people who speak a totally different language, and still be able to participate without hesitation. I mean, you don't need to speak to play soccer, you just need to look, and repeat. And that's exactly what I did. 

I have practice again on Thursday y Friday and am beyond stoked. 

After I had fútbol practice, we went to the supermarket. (Grocery store). And let me just tell you now that it. Was. Huge. It was like Costco on crack. (If you know what Costco is). It was like a walmart, lowes, pet smart, BB&B, a meat shop, a giant eagle, and everything else you could have packed into a store that could fit so many products. 

My favorite part about the grocery store, is that they had SO MUCH MEAT. It's ridiculously amazing. Ridiculous in the sense that there were full pork thighs with the hoof still intact hanging on the wall. Amazing in the sense that I'd never seen anything like it before. And I love meat, boy do I ever. Also, they have so many things there that we don't have here. 

And I'll just say it now, Spanish supermarkets are 10x better than American supermarkets. But, what was new and quite unusual for me, is that you have to pay for the shopping carts and bring your own bags. You pay with a 5 euro (coin) and put it in this slot. So, here's the deal, If you don't put the cart back, you don't get your money back. Simple as pie, easy peasy lemon squeezy. When you return the cart, to get your money back, you put this metal piece from another cart into the back of the slot, pushing out the money while also locking the cart back in place. How nifty? It's so smart! 



Anyway, that concludes my post for tonight. I've been staying up too late and this Spanish time is really getting to me. I'm absolutely positively exhausted. 

Buenos noches mi amigas!


No comments:

Post a Comment