Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Day in España!

¡Hollllaaaaa! 
¿Como estas? 

Today was my first real day in my city. (Don Benito) 

Mariña and I had a very eventful day. First, we went skating en el Parqué. It is the biggest Park in all of Don Benito, and it's convienently placed directly across from the end of my street. Yay! After we went skating, Mariña and I took lucky out, the perro (dog) for a walk. Then, we returned to her house once again and retrieved the bikes because we needed to go pick up food from Kikos. Mariña lead the way and she showed me the 2 streets covered wall to wall in graffiti. But here in Spain, graffiti isn't considered vandalism like it is in the US, it's considered art. It's has much significance to it, and people respect the drawings, not try to take them down. Some are very very impressive. I think that Mariña and I are going to write. We both want to, and we know that it would be a blast. We finally made it to Kikos, y Kikos  is a chicken takeout place. We picked up pollo (chicken), chips (French-fries), pimientas (peppers), y (&) pan (Baguette).When we arrived back at mi casa (my house) we set the table and put out the food to eat. And to drink, we had orange fanta and Mediterráneo. 

Let me just give you a heads up, everything orange, and I mean everything, tasted 10 times better. It tastes like FRESHLY squeezed OJ.  Anyway, it was a fantastic way to wrap up my first full day in Spain. 

It's 12:55 am. Buenos noches! 

(This is a little late) :/

No comments:

Post a Comment